Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Steve Barrett <>
- To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>,
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] UI Documentation
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:55:40 -0400 (EDT)
Some notes about the QS documentation at:
- No real comments. Maybe a link directly into the Jakarta project so TC can
be easily found and downloaded.
- works as advertised but I really think that you should bundle the HSQL
admin app in the QS. From experience I can tell you that after a few ctl-c’s
to stop the HSQL DB it’s data becomes corrupt forcing you to start the DB
support process from scratch. If you had data in the DB which you are
relying on for demonstration purposes this can be a real pain (and it was :)
Building the UI
- again, fairly straignforward but needs links to pick-up ant. I happened to
copy it from a local uPortal QS directory I had (I install ant per project).
- Those unfamiliar with ant are not going to realize that they need the
Catalina-ant.jar in the classpath for this to work.
- “Ant ui” produces an error; “ant help” gives you the menu that the
documentation speaks of: I read the build.xml to determine this
- I could not get a deploy to work even thought I correctly set the
deploy.home (and I’m the worst ant user you have ever seen so don’t take my
word for it)
** I did not get to these area, sorry.
The Demo Database
Customising the UI
> Date: Tue Aug 23 08:14:46 EDT 2005
> From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing"
> Subject: [grouper-dev] UI Documentation
> I have added my current documentation for the Grouper UI at
> <http://portal.bris.ac.uk/grouper-ui-docs/README.html>. This page refers to
> the QuickStart which can be obtained from
> <https://www.bris.ac.uk/fluff/u/isgwb/uRjVzksRtxwwecy9Tu_cmAfn/> - until
> I would be interested in any feedback - particularly anything which is:
> 1) Plain wrong
> 2) Unintelligible
> 3) Missing (bad links or just lack of content on a topic which would help)
> 4) Would benefit from examples
> We might want to think about how the API docs, UI docs and Subject docs are
> Documentation will be a topic for the conference call...
> GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing
o120 Maple Ave.
-- uPortal.Cornell IMAP eMail channel
- Re: [grouper-dev] UI Documentation, Steve Barrett, 08/23/2005
- Re: [grouper-dev] UI Documentation, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing, 08/24/2005
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.