comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] LDAP Source debugging

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] LDAP Source debugging

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: "Daniels, John" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] LDAP Source debugging
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 11:02:21 -0500
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=illinois.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=illinois.edu; dkim=pass header.d=illinois.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=bbhimLsipUJSc3Z6pg38gdB+yep35ufAqaefqfUCabM=; b=G3LppwTkbtpa1h4C7A2t/S7J8QSjFeaxieRqJFvyY5YmpIw9M3E8xLLD6plWjvZES9s/VwE6WpBnZ0YWsqbStYIWxbHj4g1jjlGMwyrjUxUmayyPZ/8EY60vNAtFRK7eC4CIVQpP8DjBFoMQSeKCOl6KvC0txbQIjBCnOwnadMuST6BfBg2w5KuwTEuwcN90d/JVILbAXAOfedU4TGcxqL6dCKinQJvcI3HlOKwAw126jVpGXrqCczWDJYAtHzRgH2TlLKT+9Fo+ccZR1pZC8VjCC5rkxCYN2D5e87zXbE3UdzfsaIdnNZsDtBxkT6cyU5kojXqqZUKo0aTQWQ5jXw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=B3kLEmjLzpCzW4qbY1jeTIu7BD/nzLDa+v2scn/WqqUkFI10JXid6idOijeITLCIM17ulPfLZNhQKEkLaqIZ1T4+wYzLya3feDPJBNO8Bwd8UqJkhLWiTjzq+lVgMY0bf6mMfqrfOBoTQIfX2NpeNM57kL9FQjJDlJl2xfGvcaLUZhOq3hsFqL5fJtqvnKWzRMbDHNf5dPFlkbxx5RO6pqSXfFiUAzS4PGL6mJti4Uj1yLRns2mSwimZ5ZDVoZZQwSR13kdlgFh55rDiE0ikIfDNUd4nWZSkn32Sox+HZRneCnekhV4k1h7gntfyxaaUz6zIc06mZ8o2jQpEQ1GBbQ==

Hi John,

Here is how I would start:

- Clear the cache that CakePHP saves for models. I like to do it by
changing to the tmp directory you set up during install [1]
and doing

find ./cache -type f -delete

- Next make sure the database schema is up to date after you "installed"
the LdapSource plugin by doing

cd .../app
./Console/cake database

I usually run that as root because I am in a hurry. If you want to run
it as the web server user (httpd or www-data) you will probably need
to use su or sudo.

- Clear the cache again, especially if you ran the previous command as
root:

cd .../tmp/
find ./cache -type f -delete

- Now try again for a single source record. Do you get the same error?

If so the "saveAssociated" is caused when some model related to the
OrgIdentity cannot be saved. It is often an Identifier that cannot be
saved, probably because it already exists and is attached to an object.
Is that the case?

I know these are simple steps. Can you try them and if you are still
having the issue let us know and we can dig further.

Thanks,

Scott