comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Deleting an eppn

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Deleting an eppn

  • From: William Kaufman <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Deleting an eppn
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 17:53:45 +0000

We have been seeing this issue for some time Scott.

It is primarily around identities I am trying to use for Demos and Testing
and I believe it is somehow tied to enrollments that go south somehow.

I have a gmail account that has multiple deleted entries in the DB and I know
there are others.

mysql> select actor_identifier,deleted,modified from cm_org_identities where
actor_identifier like '%%';
+----------------------------------+---------+---------------------+
| actor_identifier | deleted | modified |
+----------------------------------+---------+---------------------+
| | 1 | 2020-05-06 18:27:03 |
| | 1 | 2020-05-06 18:43:17 |
| | 1 | 2020-05-14 19:42:23 |
+----------------------------------+---------+---------------------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I cannot find any occurrence of a CO Person or Organizational Identity,
however, if I try to enroll I get an error:

The identifier "" is not registered. If your
request for enrollment is still being processed, you will not be able to
login until it is approved. Please contact an administrator for assistance.

Thanks,
Bill

On 10/2/20, 11:56 AM, " on behalf of
Scott Koranda" < on behalf of
> wrote:

Hi Duncan,

> What's the right way to remove an eppn identity from COmanage so it
> looks like that user never registered? I have tried expunging the CO
> person, but if the same eppn tries to go back in and register, then I
> get a permission denied error in the enrollment flow.
>
> Looking at the database, the expunged eppn is still there but marked
> as deleted:
>
> | 287 | | eppn
> | 1 | A | NULL | 247 | NULL |
> NULL | NULL | 2020-10-01 12:04:03 | 2020-10-01
> 12:22:24 | NULL | 0 | 1 |
> |

> Should I just delete the identifiers manually in mariadb? I'm running
> 3.2.4.

Expunging the CO Person record should have worked because it should have
also marked as deleted the Organizational Identity that had the ePPN
identifier attached to it.

Do you have another Organizational Identity in the same CO that has that
ePPN as an identifier?

Thanks,

Scott