comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] using mail from the 'COmanage Registry Basic Auth' docker image

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] using mail from the 'COmanage Registry Basic Auth' docker image

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] using mail from the 'COmanage Registry Basic Auth' docker image
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:23:54 -0500

> We are trying to set up a development environment based on the 'COmanage
> Registry Basic Auth' docker image. We have successfully externalized (set up
> volumes for) the local directory, Postgres data, apache site configuration,
> and even the app dir so we are using the latest code from the comanage git
> repo. All is working nicely, but now we want to send confirmation emails as
> part of our enrollment flow.
>
> Has anyone done this with these images? Do we need to install Sendmail in
> the
> container?

My approach is to configure COmanage Registry to send mail out through a
remote SMTP server.

For development I find that using the Gmail SMTP server is convenient
and easy. I bind mount in a email.php file that looks like this:

<?php

class EmailConfig {

public $default = array(
'from' => array('' => 'Registry DEV'),
'transport' => 'Smtp',
'host' => 'tls://smtp.gmail.com',
'port' => 465,
'username' => '',
'password' => 'XXXXXXXX'
);
}

If you login to Google and then browse to

https://myaccount.google.com/

and then click on "Security" in the "Signing in to Google" section you will
see "2-Step Verification". Once you turn that on you then will also see
"App passwords". You can generate an "app password" for you to use in the
configuration above instead of having to use your standard/normal Google
password.

HTH,

Scott