comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] LDAP provisioner STARTTLS patch

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] LDAP provisioner STARTTLS patch

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: "Kevin M. Hildebrand" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] LDAP provisioner STARTTLS patch
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 16:38:13 -0400

On 4/10/19 1:17 PM, Kevin M. Hildebrand wrote:
As of CoManage 3.2.1, the LdapProvisioner plugin does not support STARTTLS.  I've developed a patch to add this capability- it adds a checkbox to the configuration form for the provisioner plugin and the associated code to make it functional.  If this is of interest let me know and I'll post the patch, or I can submit a pull request.

I suspect this would end up being a bit more than a trivial patch as per the contributing guidelines

https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Contributing+To+COmanage

so if you think you can get a CLA in place (assuming the university doesn't already have one with Internet2) then we'd be happy to look at merging a PR. Feel free to drop me a note off list if you want to go down that path. Otherwise we can at least list it on the forthcoming community contrib wiki.

Thanks

-Benn-