comanage-users - [comanage-users] TemplateManager plugin

Subject: COmanage Users List

[comanage-users] TemplateManager plugin

  • From: Michiel Uitdehaag <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [comanage-users] TemplateManager plugin
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 14:22:00 +0200

Dear All,

Building a little bit further on the excellent CO duplication
functionality introduced by Benn in 3.2.0, we created a plugin dubbed
'TemplateManager' to allow remote management of CO duplication. The code
can be found at:

https://github.com/SURFscz/COmanage-templatemanager

The plugin features two end-points at the moment:
- instantiate: to instantiate/duplicate a specific CO, which copies all
configurations to a new, active CO
- enroll: which allows kicking off enrollment flows, or allows copying
OrgIdentities from the template CO to the new CO

For the latter functionality (duplicating OrgIdentities), a fix is
required like the following:

https://github.com/SURFscz/comanage-registry/tree/co1726-duplication-of-orgidentity

Endpoints are secured using a CO specific API key and do not use the
generic platform wide API user.

Configuration and usage of the TemplateManager is described in the
README. This plugin was developed as part of the SURFnet Science
Collaboration Zone initiative. We're currently evaluating the usage and
applicability of this plugin and further changes or extensions may be
planned/applied.

Regards,

Michiel Uitdehaag
SURFnet

  • [comanage-users] TemplateManager plugin, Michiel Uitdehaag, 04/08/2019