comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Custom user attributes

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Custom user attributes

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Benjeman Meekhof <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Custom user attributes
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 21:44:29 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

On 9/8/17 10:14 AM, Benjeman Meekhof wrote:

> Thanks for your responses. It sounds very much like 3.1.0 does
> exactly what I need in regards to user certificate DN as well as being
> able to self-service other identifier types that might come up. It
> may be in my best interest to wait for the release rather than
> integrating something now depending on how long the wait is.

We are currently aiming to get the release done in time for TechEx next
month, but there are still a number of open issues so I'm guessing it
would be more likely that we would maybe get to release candidate status
by then.

That said, one option could be to deploy from the develop or feature
branches, at least for a test instance. (We have seen quite a few
deployers do this.) You can add yourself as a watcher to specific JIRA
issues to be notified when a commit you're interested in is available.

> Regarding the Certificate model, what LDAP schema/attributes would you
> use to store the DN? I could choose to insert them outside COmanage
> for now and hopefully later when COmanage has the capability nothing
> would change (from the LDAP perspective). Just the subject DN is
> perfect for our use case.

There is not an obvious answer to that question yet, as (for example)
the pkiUser object class's userCertificate attribute requires binary
encoding, which is not ideal. As part of our work with the CILogon
project, we are working on a set of recommendations for this sort of
problem, and hope to have a draft document available for community
review in time for next week's FIM4R meeting.

> Regarding your question about 'credentials', it is a little different.
> This is not 'self-service' information but rather information that
> might come as a result from a provisioning plugin which we want to
> make available for the user to view. Considering it now I suppose it
> could just be some additional identifiers (or extended attributes if
> they could hold longer strings) which we put information into - maybe
> there is nothing new required in that case.

v3.1.0 allows identifiers to be associated with provisioning targets.
You can see an example here:

https://github.com/Internet2/comanage-registry/blob/a1084138c6ce2d04b8ff2ffb8896f15562cd9880/app/AvailablePlugin/MailmanProvisioner/Model/CoMailmanProvisionerTarget.php#L322

Thanks,

-Benn-