comanage-users - [comanage-users] Custom user attributes

Subject: COmanage Users List

[comanage-users] Custom user attributes

  • From: Benjeman Meekhof <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [comanage-users] Custom user attributes
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 16:20:03 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Hi,

I'm looking to add some custom attributes to CO person identities.
Some self-service, some populated from external sources (maybe via
REST API). From everything I have read and tried this seems
impossible to do easily. Here's what I think I know:

- Extended attributes are limited to 32 character strings or other
not-useful-to-me data types. Also it appears they are not allowed to
be self-serviced by CO people.

- Adding an extended Identifier type almost seems like the right track
but I can't make this self-service once the user is enrolled.

- Organization identifiers seem like they could work for part of what
I want also but can't be self-service.

The idea here is I just want all potential information to be easily
viewable and/or editable under the CO person identity interface. For
one example, I'd like them to be able to associate a CILogon subject
string with an identity in our CO not unlike an SSH key can be
associated already. Or another: I'll be writing some new service
provisioning plugins. I'd like the credentials for those services to
be available to the user in the COmanage identity web interface so
they can plug them in to where they need them.

What are my options here for extending the person fields/attributes?
It's looking very much like my only option is writing a plugin to
provide a new view.

thanks,
Ben