comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Petitions - required field, no default value

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Petitions - required field, no default value

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Petitions - required field, no default value
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 18:43:51 +0000

Hmm... I guess for this type of thing we could add a "Please Select" option that gets generated but wouldn't validate. We'd probably need to add some client side checking so the form doesn't need to be resubmitted when the user fails to select one.

Out of the box, I'm not sure there's much to be done except tweaking the description text for the attribute "please, please, please select the right thing here."

-Benn-

On 6/23/14 10:49 PM,

wrote:
We have a self-enrollment that requires a COU to be selected, and no default
value defined.

The enrollment properly displays the drop-down list of all COUs, and correctly
enforces that one be selected.

However, with no default, the page is rendered as the first option selected.

Is there any way for the initial value to be blank? We have had several
enrollees submit their application rather than consciously choose a COU.