comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Execute Enrollment Flow Twice?

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Execute Enrollment Flow Twice?

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Execute Enrollment Flow Twice?
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 20:02:53 -0400

On 5/23/14 5:59 PM,

wrote:
I see I am able to execute the same enrollment as the same identity multiple
times. Is this by design? Can this be disabled?

This is a bit complicated.

For a self service enrollment, we don't know that it's the same identity until the user authenticates. We basically can't detect this until they submit the second enrollment and attempt to perform an authenticated click through of the email link. At that point, an error will be thrown. Plausibly this could be streamlined a bit.

However, this assumes a user can't self enroll a second time, say to a new COU, so we almost certainly need a more sophisticated solution.

For administrator driven enrollment, we need a different solution since there isn't necessarily enrollee authentication. Advisory identity matching already exists for that situation, but needs to be improved.

-Benn-