comanage-users - [comanage-users] Groups vs. COUs

Subject: COmanage Users List

[comanage-users] Groups vs. COUs

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [comanage-users] Groups vs. COUs
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 17:19:55 +0000 (UTC)

What are the diffs and uses cases?

Groups - owner vs. member - meaning and uses? Just for export?

When creating a COU an admin group for it to be auto generated. Does the
approver have to be an owner of that group or only a member?

I see that COUs can be arranged in a hierarchy. Is it true that an approver of
Parent COU A has approval privs on A's descendant groups?

One of our scenarios is a CO with many teams, each with its own leader who can
approve enrollments. A user may be also added to more teams later.

We need to be able to export membership to these various teams to LDAP, etc.

My thought is create one CO and COUs for each team, grant membership to to
admin group for each COU to one user per each. On the enrollment flow, include
Group Membership (CO Person) attribute.

Would this work?