comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Enrolling no implemented?

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Enrolling no implemented?

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Niels van Dijk <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Enrolling no implemented?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:06:37 -0400

On 3/28/14 11:41 AM, Niels van Dijk wrote:
Mmm I am puzzled now: I assume you are referring to the section called
"Creating Organizational Identities As Part of An Enrollment Flow" which
I think states: "For COs that*will not* collect Organizational
Identities from authoritative sources (*ie: via LDAP or SAML*), ...".

As I am trying to collect Org IDs via SAML, this leads me to belief this
section is not relevant. Am I missing something here?
- I have ticked "Enable Environment Attribute Retrieval"
- I have configured Shib to deliver "CMP_EF_GIVENNAME","shib-eppn", and
"CMP_EF_MAIL" and accoring to Shib log these are correctly mapped and
delivered.

I think this is a result of the slow evolution of design resulting in confusing documentation. For now, you have to enable org identities to be created as part of the enrollment flow, even if it doesn't seem like you should. I'll take it to the dev group to figure out if the documentation needs changing or the code.

Thanks,

-Benn-