comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Enrolling no implemented?

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Enrolling no implemented?

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Niels van Dijk <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Enrolling no implemented?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 09:09:05 -0400

On 3/28/14 6:08 AM, Niels van Dijk wrote:

Ok, I've added OrgId and Orgname as following:
Org Email Email (Official, CO Person)

This should be "Email (Official, Org Identity)".

If you don't see the Org Identity versions in the popup, review these instructions:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/COmanage/Registry+Enrollment+Flow+Configuration#RegistryEnrollmentFlowConfiguration-CreatingOrganizationalIdentitiesAsPartofAnEnrollmentFlow

Org ID Identifier (ePPN, CO Person)

You don't need this if authentication is required.

Name Name (Official, CO Person)

You also need "Name (Official, Org Identity)".

Affiliation Affiliation (CO Person Role)
Your group COU (CO Person Role)

From the sentence above ("pre-populated") I get the impression it is the
person who will be enrolled who fills in the enrolment form. That would
assume s/he received an invite from e.g. the CO admin, but as soon as I
create a enrolment, invites are no longer available. Or do I as a
petitioner fill in the form which is then triggering an invite to the
enrollee? If the latter is the case I would expect not to have to fill
in the org id and org email, as that will be done when the enrollee logs in?

In addition I do not see the attributes being pre-populated, so I assume
'something' is wrong. I assume everything else means the mapping of the
incoming attributes from Shib to Comange, as is defined in

If you're trying to collect attributes via SAML, then you must be doing some variation of self signup with authentication. (Attributes are pre-populated based on the currently authenticated user.)

Since the new enrollee doesn't have the ability to login to the Registry yet, you need to provide the enrollee with the enrollment flow URL. As an administrator, select "Enroll" via the menu or the link on the CO Person index page and you will be presented with a list of available enrollment flows. Copy the URL for the appropriate "Begin" button, it will look something like this:

https://myhost.com/registry/co_petitions/add/coef:12/co:2

That's the URL the enrollee needs to start the enrollment. This will generate the form, trigger authentication, and generate email click-to-confirm messages according to your configuration.

Finally, if I pre-fill all values in my enrolment form manually (so also
ORg Id and ORg Email, I still get "not implemented".

See above.

I not that at the same time in te error log I get:

2014-03-28 10:04:28 Error: [InvalidArgumentException] No CO Specified
Request URL:
/registry/co_people/match/co:3/coef:8/given:Me/family:and%20I?%2Fco_people%2Fmatch%2Fco%3A3%2Fcoef%3A8%2Fgiven%3AMe%2Ffamily%3Aand_I=
Stack Trace:
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/app/Controller/CoPeopleController.php(70):
AppController->beforeFilter()
#1 [internal function]: CoPeopleController->beforeFilter(Object(CakeEvent))
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/lib/Cake/Event/CakeEventManager.php(247):
call_user_func(Array, Object(CakeEvent))
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/lib/Cake/Controller/Controller.php(674):
CakeEventManager->dispatch(Object(CakeEvent))
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/lib/Cake/Routing/Dispatcher.php(182):
Controller->startupProcess()
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/lib/Cake/Routing/Dispatcher.php(160):
Dispatcher->_invoke(Object(CoPeopleController), Object(CakeRequest),
Object(CakeResponse))
#6 /var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/app/webroot/index.php(96):
Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(CakeRequest), Object(CakeResponse))
#7 {main}

There is no way however to define the CO in the enrolment I think, other
then using the enrolment flow defiend for that CO?

I think this is a bug. I'll try to reproduce it. It shouldn't prevent the enrollment from completing, but it will prevent advisory matching from working. You could set matching to "None" to stop the error.

Thanks,

-Benn-