comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Enrolling no implemented?

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Enrolling no implemented?

  • From: Niels van Dijk <>
  • To: Benn Oshrin <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Enrolling no implemented?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:08:24 +0100

Hi Benn,

thanks for getting back on this.

On 28-03-14 05:38, Benn Oshrin wrote:
> On 3/27/14 1:24 PM, Niels van Dijk wrote:
>> The following fields must be defined:
>> (a) COU, if COUs are enabled
>> (b) Org Identity Name (see note below)
>> (c) Org Identity Email Address
>> (d) CO Person Name (see note below)
>> (e) CO Person Role Affiliation
>> (f) See also the note below about automatically populating ePPN (no
>> need to explicitly define an attribute for this)
>> (g) See also Configuring Registry Identifier Assignment (no need to
>> explicitly define an attribute for this)
>> (h) See also Registry Platform Configuration
>
>> 4) I have defined "CO Enrollment Attributes"
>> Name Name (Official, CO Person) 2 (requirement d)
>> Affiliation Affiliation (CO Person Role) 3 (requirement e)
>> Your group COU (CO Person Role) 1 (requirement a)
>> I am assuming Org Identity Name and Org Identity Email Address will be
>> set when the user authenticates. And I am assuming I do not need to
>> configure these in the enrollemtn flow as attributes explicitly, as
>> suggested by "Email Verification and Authentication"
>>
>> When I now start an enrollment, I am again greeted by "Not impemented",
>> so I am still missing something, or have configured soemthing
>> incorrectly. Any tips?
>
> You need to explicitly define the attributes that you are assuming would
> be set (requirements b and c). These will be prepopulated using
> attributes from the IdP when the enrollment form renders (assuming
> everything else is set up correctly).

Ok, I've added OrgId and Orgname as following:
Org Email Email (Official, CO Person)
Org ID Identifier (ePPN, CO Person)
Name Name (Official, CO Person)
Affiliation Affiliation (CO Person Role)
Your group COU (CO Person Role)

From the sentence above ("pre-populated") I get the impression it is the
person who will be enrolled who fills in the enrolment form. That would
assume s/he received an invite from e.g. the CO admin, but as soon as I
create a enrolment, invites are no longer available. Or do I as a
petitioner fill in the form which is then triggering an invite to the
enrollee? If the latter is the case I would expect not to have to fill
in the org id and org email, as that will be done when the enrollee logs in?

In addition I do not see the attributes being pre-populated, so I assume
'something' is wrong. I assume everything else means the mapping of the
incoming attributes from Shib to Comange, as is defined in

Finally, if I pre-fill all values in my enrolment form manually (so also
ORg Id and ORg Email, I still get "not implemented".

I not that at the same time in te error log I get:

2014-03-28 10:04:28 Error: [InvalidArgumentException] No CO Specified
Request URL:
/registry/co_people/match/co:3/coef:8/given:Me/family:and%20I?%2Fco_people%2Fmatch%2Fco%3A3%2Fcoef%3A8%2Fgiven%3AMe%2Ffamily%3Aand_I=
Stack Trace:
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/app/Controller/CoPeopleController.php(70):
AppController->beforeFilter()
#1 [internal function]: CoPeopleController->beforeFilter(Object(CakeEvent))
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/lib/Cake/Event/CakeEventManager.php(247):
call_user_func(Array, Object(CakeEvent))
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/lib/Cake/Controller/Controller.php(674):
CakeEventManager->dispatch(Object(CakeEvent))
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/lib/Cake/Routing/Dispatcher.php(182):
Controller->startupProcess()
/var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/lib/Cake/Routing/Dispatcher.php(160):
Dispatcher->_invoke(Object(CoPeopleController), Object(CakeRequest),
Object(CakeResponse))
#6 /var/www/data/comanage-registry-0.8.5/app/webroot/index.php(96):
Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(CakeRequest), Object(CakeResponse))
#7 {main}

There is no way however to define the CO in the enrolment I think, other
then using the enrolment flow defiend for that CO?

thanks!
Niels