bcamp2021-07 - [bcamp2021-07] BaseCAMP Day 3: Here's your Guide to Wednesday

Subject: 2021 BaseCAMP

[bcamp2021-07] BaseCAMP Day 3: Here's your Guide to Wednesday

  • From: Erin Murtha <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [bcamp2021-07] BaseCAMP Day 3: Here's your Guide to Wednesday
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 00:17:25 +0000

Greetings BaseCAMPers!

We are almost halfway through BaseCAMP, can you believe it? Tuesday was full of insightful tidbits and engaging presentations around certificates, the Trusted Access Platform, and examples of IAM infrastructure from amazing participants in our community. We are gearing up for day 3 and can’t wait to have you join us tomorrow.

Wednesday's Activities:

Beginning at 12:00 p.m. ET (11 am CT | 10 am MT | 9 am PT), Wednesday is all about letting you choose your own adventure! After opening remarks and a lightning talk on a (very cool) service called eduroam, you’ll be able to join 101 or 201 sessions under the following topics:

  1. Identity Registration
  2. Authentication
  3. Access and Grouping

Having trouble deciding? No problem! Simply pick the session that best matches your current level of understanding/expertise, and you’ll have the opportunity to watch the recorded sessions for anything you missed at a later time. 101 sessions will provide the basics, while 201 meetings start to explore more advanced concepts.

As always, we want to hear from you and learn about your hopes and dreams in IAM. Participation is always encouraged, so feel free to post questions and comments in the Zoom chat. Slack is also a great way to connect with the community and get the most out of your time at BaseCAMP.

CAMP Fires:

After the success of Tuesday’s CAMP Fire setup, we’ll be following that same process for the remainder of your time with us this week! On Wednesday, you’ll have the opportunity to select a CAMPfire of your choice, based on your interests. All details will be posted with Zoom links in Canvas.

If you have an idea for a CAMPfire, we’d love to hear it! For consideration, please post in Slack by Wednesday morning.

Canvas:

If you need a recap of what was discussed during our sessions today, all content will be uploaded to Canvas (recordings and slides from Tuesday can be found here and will be posted before the start of the next day).

As a reminder, resources, event schedules, and more can be found in Canvas as well, and we encourage you to click around so that you can become familiar with the content and layout.

Remo:

We love seeing the connections being made in Remo! We’ll continue to open up the platform each morning at 10:30 ET - 12:00 ET and again from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. ET. As a reminder, these are optional networking sessions, but allow you to have a casual discussion and get to know each other in between our official program. It’s a fun time and we hope to see you there.

Slack:

If you get lost or need assistance, please post a message in Slack and someone from the Internet2/InCommon team will reply ASAP. This is also a great place to say hi, introduce yourself, and post thoughts about the conference.

Sponsors:

West Arete and Cirrus Identity  have been making rounds and talking to folks all week, so please say hello when you get a chance! A huge thank you to their continued support for BaseCAMP 2021.

Looking forward to Wednesday! See you then.

Cheers!

The BaseCAMP Team

Erin Murtha

Director, InCommon Academy

signature_698558929

  • [bcamp2021-07] BaseCAMP Day 3: Here's your Guide to Wednesday, Erin Murtha, 07/14/2021