bcamp2021-07 - [bcamp2021-07] Your BaseCAMP Guide for Tuesday

Subject: 2021 BaseCAMP

[bcamp2021-07] Your BaseCAMP Guide for Tuesday

  • From: Erin Murtha <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [bcamp2021-07] Your BaseCAMP Guide for Tuesday
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 02:13:09 +0000

Greetings BaseCAMPers!

How was the first day of BaseCAMP? Hopefully, you met some fellow campers and have a general sense of the InCommon Community and Identity and Access Management. Ahead of Tuesday, we want to share tips and information to help make your second day at BaseCAMP a success:

CAMPfires “Tweaked”:

Thank you to everyone who attended Monday’s CAMPfires! The facilitators have collected your top questions and posted a Slack poll with requested discussion topics. Tell us which one (and only one) you want to attend on Tuesday by voting for it with a thumbs up by 1:00 pm ET. If your topic gets 3 or more votes, we’ll set up a CAMPfire cabin with a subject matter expert and assign you to it this week.

Have ideas for Wednesday or Thursday CAMPfires? Drop us a note in the BaseCAMP Slack channel.

Canvas:

If you need a recap of what was discussed during our sessions today, all content will be uploaded to Canvas (recordings and slides from Monday can be found here).

As a reminder, resources, event schedules, and more can be found in Canvas as well, and we encourage you to click around so that you can become familiar with the content and layout.

Slides and recordings will be refreshed and available there before we get started for the day.

Remo:

To allow more space and time for people to connect, we will open up Remo tomorrow morning at 10:30 ET - 12:00 ET.  This is a completely optional networking session, bring your coffee or tea and say hello before we dive into the day’s program! Remo will also be available in the afternoon from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. ET, alongside our CAMPfire sessions.

Tuesday’s Lineup:

Starting at 12:00 p.m. ET (11 am CT | 10 am MT | 9 am PT) we will venture a little further into Identity and Access Management (IAM). CAMP counselor Kevin Morooney, Vice President for Trust and Identity and NET+ Services, will kick things off before we dive into the following topic areas:

  1. InCommon Certificate Service
  2. Trusted Access Platform 101
  3. Campus Core IAM
  4. Trusted Access Platform: An Operational Field Guide

We’ll be covering a lot during these sessions, so we highly encourage you to be present, ask questions, and share what is currently happening at your institution! We are all here to learn from each other and build the community, and your voice is an important part of this conference experience.

Slack:

If you get lost or need assistance, please post a message in Slack and someone from the Internet2/InCommon team will reply ASAP. This is also a great place to say hi, introduce yourself, and post thoughts about the conference.

Sponsors:

A huge thank you to West Arete and Cirrus Identity for sponsoring this wonderful event. They will be present during the conference, so please say hello when you get the chance!

See you all tomorrow.

Cheers!

The BaseCAMP Team

Erin Murtha

Director, InCommon Academy

signature_1627842973

  • [bcamp2021-07] Your BaseCAMP Guide for Tuesday, Erin Murtha, 07/13/2021