bcamp2021-07 - [bcamp2021-07] BaseCAMP starts tomorrow! Here's what you need to know.

Subject: 2021 BaseCAMP

[bcamp2021-07] BaseCAMP starts tomorrow! Here's what you need to know.

  • From: Erin Murtha <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [bcamp2021-07] BaseCAMP starts tomorrow! Here's what you need to know.
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 20:21:38 +0000

Hello CAMPers and Counselors!

Tomorrow is the big day! Hopefully you don’t have too many jitters as you approach your first day of CAMP! Here’s what you need to know for Monday.

BaseCAMP: Dates and Times

Start: Monday, July 12, 2021; Noon ET | 11 am CT | 10 am MT | 9 am PT

BaseCAMP will be in session daily Monday, 7/12 – Friday 7/16 from 12 ET – 4:30 ET. Optional (but fun!) social hours from 4:30 – 6:00 ET daily.

We suggest arriving a few minutes early each day, so you are ready to roll. The half-days also allow you to get your work done for part of the day and be fully present during BaseCAMP.

Monday’s Line up

Tomorrow is the day to tip your toes (heck, you’ll wade in quite a bit further than that) into the IAM waters. You’ll learn a little about Internet2 and InCommon. We’ll then jump right into a superb IAM Management and Overview and Basics session with Tom Jordan, University of Wisconsin-Madison.

BaseCAMP Venue

By now, we’re all well seasoned virtual meeting professionals and chances are good that you’ve used all of our tools already. BaseCAMP will utilize Canvas for content management, Zoom for live sessions, and Slack for dynamic chat and collaboration.

Zoom

You’ll find all of the Zoom links you’ll need in Canvas. But for those worried about their CAMP drop-offs, here’s the Zoom link to get us started on Monday at 12:00 ET.

Feel free to use the Zoom chat during presentation sessions for questions, input, and feedback!

We encourage you to turn on your cameras when you are able to -- this is very helpful as we all get to know one another.

Canvas

BaseCAMP content is house in Canvas. This is the place to find:

  • A full schedule
  • Integrated Zoom links for everything
  • All of the presentation slides (look for them each morning for the day ahead)
  • All of the recorded presentations (look for them each night)

Don’t forget you’ll have access to all of the CAMP goodness through the end of the year.

If you haven’t already signed into Canvas, please follow these steps ASAP so that you don’t miss a thing!

  • Select your Organization, or Google if your organization is not part of InCommon.
  • Login with your organizational credentials
  • Sign up to complete phase 1 of your registration process
  • Then click the link in your confirmation email, then accept your invitation
  • Registration is now complete with our IAM system
When you log in again then, you’ll see BaseCAMP 2021 in your Canvas dashboard.

If you are having any problems logging into Canvas, please respond to this email as soon as possible to let me know!

Slack

Slack is THE place to be for conversation during and after the event. Post questions your here, chat with your peers and counselors, and answer questions for others.

If you’re not in our Slack channel, please respond to this email to let me know.

Before BaseCAMP

Check out the BaseCAMP agenda

Prior to the meeting, review the program and resources that are posted in Canvas. Giving some thought to the topics and coming armed with questions will make your experience that much more valuable.

Tell Us About Yourself

We’d love to know more about you. What attracted you to BaseCAMP? What do you hope to learn? Here’s a quick questionnaire if you didn’t get to complete it yet.

During BaseCAMP

Arrival

BaseCAMP will start on time each day, Monday through Friday, July 12-16. We suggest you plan to arrive a few minutes early so you are ready to roll.

Program Info & Breaks

Canvas will contain information about each session and Zoom is integrated with the interface. We have scheduled ample break times during the days so that you can concentrate on the BaseCAMP sessions and still have time to stretch and move around prior to the next session.

Dress

BaseCAMP is a workshop; dress is casual. Hawaiian shirts optional. Shorts and slippers are OK (because, really, who will know?).

CAMPfires

Each day will end with CAMPfires - small groups to discuss questions and common themes. Check Canvas to see what Cabin you’ve been assigned to and you’re your bunk mates. Counselors will be available at each CAMPfire, and we’ll let you know which cabin to head to. BYOS (Bring Your Own S’more)

Sponsors

We couldn’t have made this event possible without our sponsors Cirrus Identity and West Arete. We can’t wait to introduce you to them!

Questions?

If you have questions related to BaseCAMP, email Erin Murtha () or Carlee Van Wagner ()

We can’t wait to see you all tomorrow!