basecamp2022-06 - [basecamp2022-06] InCommon BaseCAMP Starts Tomorrow! Here's What to Expect.

Subject: 2022 InCommon BaseCAMP- June 6 – 10

[basecamp2022-06] InCommon BaseCAMP Starts Tomorrow! Here's What to Expect.

  • From: Erin Murtha <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [basecamp2022-06] InCommon BaseCAMP Starts Tomorrow! Here's What to Expect.
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 19:19:03 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=J5IK/MFeIJ01mtOVNQW6YabTWwdUKx0LV6lZTKGwaPQ=; b=cmRY/VIGtvVZsDRIhfU3HJrBx8MO/NHvn6f9nPAxuF2j7v/aKcKJ5F+2T9d/9lDfyOAywqAVl1kTlwyR0wzEv7nPzKqFc6BqPtsb2ajwkJ+wQZIiRG1CiNSgdYFbYVoqxZwqWaN2MiDKKRf7bDmcHOxyYV6T17JnS1Wo7pjTyrt9ziBuvtbI0tsAWIKGfF/LjzMebOQ9ofoHhrulsw0NRT5KckdZlZc2zv5YgWhJbv3YPLuCMqLprYd+NYseyb5gQaK37sPIJbL4Lp1pcCyA7pOlOEkN7HTTgqy8vcgyLKw5jvaXsmsI4fqbvNI1FnRb1O4fLWvaxEBuwMosm5YnkQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=BLkk9rczdOwCFn0FV/uo9ZLSpIhxdKmr1gh5ONRXwakLzUgTZqWMKtftbJMw85IiUu7QEbuVbIsThaXQsVx5XSKwMxRU4F/POts+jgciH5VkJ43l4YC5D5ZpWFZ6ZLeJrO/e/Z6Uzkmw/ALVUs1iT9128K2vRPAu/LcLNT868Mh8vQXYzzQXTJjJTwEFDw1P+gg+lqWr9AyhniuHA+CgTkCkitNIMIlKuFaK3bGuCQELH+shomQ9q5Qk8rtug13bz/VfxKxo4Jy553WbfNXBiEYrVCEkW8iZQyqXXcLERIwYwVoGPPm4+WZ2u1vKPUmvDTleYQ6cuXV4PePTZjRCtg==

Hello BaseCAMPers:

Just a final reminder that BaseCAMP starts tomorrow, Monday, June 6, at high noon ET.

To kick things off, we’re going to have a bit of fun. Check the BaseCAMP 2022 Slack channel at 11:30 am ET for our first scavenger hunt. There will be 5 camping-related items that you can hopefully find around your home. The first to post a selfie(s) in the Slack channels with all five of the items will win a prize!

Okay, now onto the more important bits.

Conference Tools

BaseCAMP takes place completely within Canvas and Zoom. You should have completed a registration process to gain access to Canvas, so please verify your access ASAP.

In Canvas, you will see a link for each day on the BaseCAMP course home page. These lead to the daily schedule, where you will find links to the appropriate Zoom room. Note that we’ve scheduled plenty of breaks throughout BaseCAMP to give you time to stretch and get ready for the next session.

Need help?

  1. If you cannot get into Canvas please email   and someone will get back to you quickly. Please include BaseCAMP in the subject line.
  2. If you are in Canvas and have issues with logistics or accessing any content within Canvas, please ping the Slack channel and we’ll be happy to help.
  3. If you are in a BaseCAMP Zoom room, please feel free to ask questions related to that session within the Zoom chat.

BaseCAMP Survival Guide

Within the BaseCAMP course in Canvas, we have a link to a survival guide to help you find your way around. It includes a high-level overview of some common concepts, terms, and acronyms you may come across. Within Canvas, you will need to link your Google account to access, but if you don’t have a Google account or don’t want to link it, you can access it directly here:  BaseCAMP Survival Guide.

What are CAMP Fires?

Each day will end with CAMP Fires, small groups where you can ask any questions, connect with other CAMPers, or just sit by the CAMP Fire and unwind from a long day of sessions. We will have CAMP counselors and speakers in each CAMP Fire to help with the discussion if desired, but the content of these sessions are set by what you need. You’ll find your assigned CAMP Fire linked to a Google Sheet in Canvas.

Session Recordings

All sessions will be recorded and available in Canvas within two weeks after BaseCAMP ends. You’ll have access to these recordings and Canvas through the end of the year.

Thank You!

Thank you for registering for BaseCAMP! We look forward to a productive week.

Questions?

If you have questions related to BaseCAMP, email Erin Murtha ().

Erin Murtha

Director, InCommon Academy

PNG image

  • [basecamp2022-06] InCommon BaseCAMP Starts Tomorrow! Here's What to Expect., Erin Murtha, 06/05/2022