wg-pic - [wg-pic] Proposal for Fall MM meeting

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

[wg-pic] Proposal for Fall MM meeting

  • From: "Callahan, Tim" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [wg-pic] Proposal for Fall MM meeting
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:17:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Here's the proposal (see bottom) for our PIC-WG meeting for Fall (Oct 3-6,
Raleigh http://events.internet2.edu/2011/fall-mm )
Please share any feedback, suggested changes, additions, etc. This should be
a little different than our regular meetings, and I hope to attract new
members and re-invigorate existing members.

I'm suggesting a bit of a format change too. I'd like to have a several
speakers/presentations for the first 2/3 of the meeting. For the rest, I'd
like to have our traditional meeting, plus discuss upcoming work/potential
activities/etc, and get input on community interest and where we should focus
our efforts to provide value.

I'm looking for speakers/presenters. This is a great time to share your
deployment/implementation stories, new research, case studies, new
product/solution reviews, strategies, etc. It doesn't have to be long - even
under 5 minutes is fine. Even if you're not presenting, please share any
topics you would like to see. Topics are fairly wide-open, but ideally,
should fit into the description below. (For example, I'm thinking of
including Google+ interoperability.)

Thoughts/feedback/suggestions are welcome.
-Tim

The PIC working group will expand into "Mobility" due to significant interest
during the last member meeting. Topics should include protocols for mobility,
implementations, and the intersection of mobility, presence, and integrated
communications. We'll also cover our traditional topics of real-time
communications, such as new applications of XMPP.

Participants in upcoming projects are needed. New members and curious guests
are all invited.

  • [wg-pic] Proposal for Fall MM meeting, Callahan, Tim, 07/15/2011