wg-pic - PIC WG notes from our SMM gathering April 27, 2009

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

PIC WG notes from our SMM gathering April 27, 2009

  • From: Elaine Lauerman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: PIC WG notes from our SMM gathering April 27, 2009
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:49:42 -0400

April 27, SMM Working Group meeting

Attendees:
John Stier
Jorj Bauer
Miroslaw Czymek
Blair Brenot
Gurcharan Khanna
Tim Callahan
Scotty Logan
Elaine Lauerman

- We currently have 117 subscribers

- We are looking for active participants

- Our goal is to make it interoperable

- Future enhancements will include a federated identity

- We've discussed the uses of a group chat

- Enable as a collaboration tool between multiple institutions

- We would like to see more installations among the university community
+ 10 or more schools

- We need to ask people using it if they find it useful as a day to day
tool?

- A good idea would be to survey of schools that have deployed it.

- What are the things that get us excited?
+ Second Life
+ what else?

  • PIC WG notes from our SMM gathering April 27, 2009, Elaine Lauerman, 05/21/2009