wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday June 5th, 4pm EDT

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday June 5th, 4pm EDT

  • From: Elaine Lauerman <>
  • To: , <>
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] PIC WG Call on Thursday June 5th, 4pm EDT
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:03:49 -0400

Notes from last weeks call.

Attendees:
Jorj Bauer, Tim Callahan, Elaine Lauerman

Where are we, and what are our next steps?
- keep working on the cookbook and developing the project. Collect cookbooks
and place them all in the wiki.
*Wisconsin - Tim will get theirs
*Penn - Jorj will get from Mark Sirota
*MIT - Tim will contact Dennis Baron to get theirs

- Elaine to check wiki access levels and email them to the group

- Tim will put a project page on the wiki. This page will include
meeting announcements.

- What are the steps if someone joins the group? Should they be
granted immediate access?

- Elaine to check the PIC mail list. Who authorizes new users?

- Elaine to check with Tech Support if their interested in being the
service provider for a Jabber service. If so, what is their timeline?

- Elaine to check who owns

*who has access to it?
*who has privileges?

Open discussion items- rough notes
- sms to chat bridge?
- Japan has 4G networks that are data, not voice and data.
- text communication available regardless where you're at.
- phone manufactures need to understand the the ip size of their devices. need to
be able to receive data in low power mode.
- Tim is creating a list of phones that are capable of voice and data.