wg-pic - PIC.edu survey background - please discuss

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

PIC.edu survey background - please discuss

  • From: "Candace Holman" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: PIC.edu survey background - please discuss
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 22:06:47 -0400

Hi all,

I'd like to make sure we're all on the same page about the goal and audience for the pic.edu project survey.  [1]

The goal of the survey as listed in the project proposal was "to find out who has deployed presence, who can contribute to project, what technologies hold interest, which features are desired, etc."

Although not all the survey questions warrant answers from a technical audience, I assumed that we were targeting a technical audience.  If we are not necessarily targeting a technical audience, but we want to solicit feature requests and project volunteers, should the goal of the survey change ?  Discussion from this question will help Ben and I to modify the survey to fit recent suggestions, so your comments are most appreciated.

[1] DRAFT https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/picwg/PIC+Project+Proposal+Survey

Candace