wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] Help with contact at XTEN or some other presence capable UAs

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] Help with contact at XTEN or some other presence capable UAs

  • From: Candace Holman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] Help with contact at XTEN or some other presence capable UAs
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:53:16 -0400

This fall, Xten became Counterpath, http://counterpath.com. Besides EyeBeam, they also offer a software development kit which makes it easy to rebrand theirs or create your own softphone. We favor EyeBeam because it works with a SIMPLE-based presence server, SER. The other clients I have seen so far only do peer-to-peer presence updates.

This is not an exhaustive list, but if you're researching other presence-enabled softphone products, there are some like WaveThree, Teltel, Skype, and Damaka. In terms of server products there are Microsoft Live Communication Server, and SER with PA (presence agent) module. For hosted services, Teltel.
Candace

Stephen Kingham wrote:

Hi

I do wish I could be more active in the presence group but alas I have other commitments. Nevertheless I see Presence as incredibly important to the whole SIP story.

I am keen on supporting products that support Presence and telling others about which ones work.

The only ones I know are:
- Microsoft Messenger which I understand has some issues, and
- XTEN's eyebeam which I know the group has been working on.
Plus I seam to recall a few others earlier on in the demos.

If my following of progress on the PIC WG is correct I think the eyebeam product seams to be the main choice and if so is there anyone on the Working Group who would offer me a contact at eyebeam to discuss pricing that has been arranged above the standard pricing on their web site? I am asking because as I promote this activity I am often asked about which products should be considered and what are the possible pricing.

Thanks in advance

Stephen