wg-pic - Help with contact at XTEN or some other presence capable UAs

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Help with contact at XTEN or some other presence capable UAs

  • From: Stephen Kingham <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Help with contact at XTEN or some other presence capable UAs
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:41:35 +1000

Hi

I do wish I could be more active in the presence group but alas I have other commitments. Nevertheless I see Presence as incredibly important to the whole SIP story.

I am keen on supporting products that support Presence and telling others about which ones work.

The only ones I know are:
- Microsoft Messenger which I understand has some issues, and
- XTEN's eyebeam which I know the group has been working on.
Plus I seam to recall a few others earlier on in the demos.

If my following of progress on the PIC WG is correct I think the eyebeam product seams to be the main choice and if so is there anyone on the Working Group who would offer me a contact at eyebeam to discuss pricing that has been arranged above the standard pricing on their web site? I am asking because as I promote this activity I am often asked about which products should be considered and what are the possible pricing.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

--
Stephen Kingham, MIT, BSc, E&C Cert
Project Manager and Consulting Engineer mailto:

Voice and Video over IP
for The Australian Academic Research Network (AARNet)
http://www.aarnet.edu.au