wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] Damaka?

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] Damaka?

  • From: Candace Holman <>
  • To: Erik Dobbelsteijn <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] Damaka?
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:14:10 -0400

I added Erik's contact info and it gives me a message "Pending Authorization".

Here's the user manual: http://damaka.com/user_guide.htm#sipconnectivity You can only add one other SIP service.

The idea is wonderful but this extremely buggy - if you try to call or send IM it tells you to select from a list of contacts, but it does not populate that list with your contacts. Also, it hogs alot of resources on my XP laptop.

This is version 1.2, and I found no bug reporting list or user forum. I recommend waiting for the next version.

Candace

Erik Dobbelsteijn wrote:

hi

Oh good. Does this mean you can register with any server/service?

my registration with FWD doesn't seem to work either. With my own SER also not. In that case I have the problem that I have a different auth user compared to the SIP uri, and damaka only provides a username and a password field. Which would be great by the way for other SIP clients to make configuration a lot easier, but my SER never sees a registration request.
You *have* to create a Damaka account before you can register with other SIP services. Configuring these is not under the 'options' option, but under the 'activity' menu (not trivial to find).
Calling a SIP user means that you *have* to have him or her in your contacts list, and you can only list people on damaka or one of the successfully configured other SIP services, e.g. none in my case.
But it has a 'weather' field that even shows my local weather forecast in De Bilt in The Netherlands :-)

You could reach my at erikdwork under damaka if you would like to test the voice quality. After that I will uninstall it, as you may understand...

Erik