wg-pic - Today's call

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Today's call

  • From: Jeremy George <>
  • To: PIC working group <>
  • Subject: Today's call
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:48:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All,

According to my calendar today is the day we agreed to checkpoint
development and begin reliability testing for the SMM. We'll need to
make some decisions about what to include, etc.

Candace's requirements document probably deserves going over. I have
a couple of questions. Others may as well.

Samir Chatterjee has graciously extended an invitation for us to
put on a demonstration as part of the IEEE's SIP workshop, itself a
part of
EntNet@Supercom
in Chicago this June. We've also been invited
to provide a speaker. Overall EntNet information can be found at
www.ieee-entnet.org . The program schedule is attached to this note.
As I read Samir's email EntNet would be free to attending PIC members
but there would be a small logistics charge for a demo. Travel costs
would be the responsibility of the attendee.

The next item is a heads up for action we might take after the SMM.
Our own Alistair Munro has made contact with the UK's JISC (Joint
Information Systems Committee.) www.jisc.ac.uk . One of their
members has published an interesting paper on "Future Location-Based
Experiences." Alistair reports interest in joining our calls.
Unfortunately our 4:00 ET meeting time tranlates to late evening for
the UK. So, the question is should we consider moving our call time
to accomodate potential European participants? FYI: the paper can be
found at www.jisc.ac.uk/index.cfm?name=techwatch_ic_reports2005_published .

Agenda additions are welcome.

- Jeremy

Starting Time: 4:00 PM US/Eastern
Occurs: Every Thursday Duration: 1 hour maximum

To join the call, do one of the following:
a. Dial +1-734-615-7474 , +1-800-392-6130 or +1-866-411-0013
and enter access code 0125986
b. To have the system call you, click here:
https://edial.internet2.edu/call/0125986

  • Today's call, Jeremy George, 04/07/2005