wg-pic - commercial 802.11 location tracking products

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

commercial 802.11 location tracking products

  • From: Jamey Hicks <>
  • To:
  • Subject: commercial 802.11 location tracking products
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:10:53 -0500

One of my action items was to provide a list of commercial 802.11 location tracking products. The following companies make such products:
http://www.radianse.com/
http://www.airespace.com/
http://www.ind.alcatel.com/products/index.cfm?cnt=omnivista_acs_locationtrack
http://www.newburynetworks.com/
http://www.ekahau.com/ -- They get bonus points in my book for actually listing prices on their website

This one has a site survey product that could possibly be adapted:
http://www.airmagnet.com/

I have no experience with any of these, but from the websites believe that they all get comparable accuracy as far as location goes.

Jamey