wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] SIP for P2P Filesharing

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] SIP for P2P Filesharing

  • From: Alistair Munro <>
  • To: , "SIP.edu" <>,
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] SIP for P2P Filesharing
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:57:27 +0100

Hi Ben,

The congestion-control worrywart in me was not amused to see that the
files are actually transported using "a simple UDP-based file transfer
protocol." The rest of it seems sensible at first glance.

I suppose it depends exactly what "simple" means. I can't work out from the references how the protocol works (FSP?), and I don't have time right now to go through the code. However, the TODOs seem to indicate an intention to convert to TFTP, so this may indicate how the general level of simplicity expected. I wonder how TFTP performs over many hops?

Regards,

Alistair

--
Prof. Alistair Munro, Toshiba Professor of Communications Networks
Dept. Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Bristol University

Tel.: +44-7974-922442

  • SIP for P2P Filesharing, Ben Teitelbaum, 09/19/2004
    • Re: [wg-pic] SIP for P2P Filesharing, Alistair Munro, 09/23/2004