wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] no xcap put?

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] no xcap put?

  • From: Xiaotao Wu <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] no xcap put?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:36:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Jamey Hicks wrote:

> It looks to me like sipc is not doing and xcap put or post to update the
> presence list on the server when a contact is removed from the contact list.

If sipc finds the xcap server is available, sipc will do xcap put or post
to update the whole list whenever its buddy list get changed.

If sipc cannot fetch presence list successfully, it will consider xcap
server is not available and will use the local saved buddy list. In that
case, not put or post for xcap.

One question, when receiving an unsubscribe request (SUBSCRIBE with
Expires as 0), will ser do anything on the presence/watcher list? I think
it's better that ser can also handle SUBSCRIBE requests properly so for UA
without XCAP capability, UA's list and server's list can be synchronized.

-Xiaotao

> I've verified with a script that removing a contact from the presence
> list works. I did also update the xcap server to fix some other minor
> problems with it.
>
> Jamey

  • no xcap put?, Jamey Hicks, 08/27/2004
    • Re: [wg-pic] no xcap put?, Xiaotao Wu, 08/27/2004