wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] My silly little cell phone idea

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] My silly little cell phone idea

  • From: Alistair Munro <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] My silly little cell phone idea
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:06:45 +0100

Hi again,

My 2 cents worth...

I'd prefer focussing on SMS, possibly via some chat application. Some
providers (possibly all?) have IP gateways to their SMS relays and the cost
issue may not apply. They can handle a few billion messages a month so bursts
from a PIC session shouldn't trouble them.

This is also consistent (I think) with Joe's earlier message.

Regards,

Alistair

--
Prof. Alistair Munro, Toshiba Professor of Communications Networks
Dept. Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Bristol University

Tel.: Office +44-117-924-5655, Mobile (preferred) +44-7974-922442