wg-pic - [WG-PIC:52] Re: Yesterday's Columbia meeting notes

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

[WG-PIC:52] Re: Yesterday's Columbia meeting notes

  • From: Deke Kassabian <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [WG-PIC:52] Re: Yesterday's Columbia meeting notes
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 16:03:39 -0400

Notes look good to me.

On the point...
It was decided that making UAs available to attendees prior to
the meeting would be helpful in minimizing conference-time confusion.
The exact mechanism was not defined but shouldn't be an issue.

I think it may be worth saying that we discussed a web download page.
I'm not sure what the practical alternatives are. A CD?

On the helpdesk subject: I'll gladly take a turn at the help desk,
though this clearly means that I'll need to get a lot more practical
experience than I have right now in order to be at all helpful.
So far its been okay that for me this has all been conceptual, but
if I'm going to pretend that I can help others I had better try out
a variety of SIP UAs and IM clients on a variety of operating systems.

Thanks to Xiaoato and Columbia for hosting us, and to Jeremy for
keeping us organized and writing up notes.

^Deke