wg-multicast - Re: Okeanos Explorer

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Okeanos Explorer

  • From: Alan Buxey <>
  • To: Garret Peirce <>, Alex Hsia - NOAA Federal <>
  • Cc: "<>" <>
  • Subject: Re: Okeanos Explorer
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 18:48:42 +0100

Sorry but +1

Is a shame there aren't more multicast streams really available out there. Seems people just want to fill our pipes with many many unicast streams of the same video. ... Yes, funky bit rate adaptive but that's mainly to deal with congestion at ISPs... which ironically would be a reduced problem if people used multicast for streams. ... ;)

alan