wg-multicast - IP multicast routers other than Juniper or Cisco

Subject: All things related to multicast

IP multicast routers other than Juniper or Cisco

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To:
  • Subject: IP multicast routers other than Juniper or Cisco
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 08:26:27 -0400

Forwarding this note for John Kristoff, who isn't subscribed to the list:

- - - -
Hello friends,

I'm looking for examples of anyone using something other than a Cisco
or Juniper box for their MSDP source or RP, and is system that can be
seen publicly through the normal IPv4-based multicast announcements and
monitoring tools. If you could, and wouldn't mind, just an RP or MSDP
IPv4 address and the vendor of the gear in question. Model of gear
would be nice also, but not required. Thank you kindly,

Please reply off list to

or
.

John
- - - -

Incidentally I don't know of any such source. The closest we got was a couple
of years ago with a Nortel router at a NYSERNet member campus, and they ended
up buying a small Cisco to handle their multicast traffic because the Nortel
wouldn't do the right thing. . .

Bill.