wg-multicast - Re: 22% of the global MSDP table. . .

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: 22% of the global MSDP table. . .

  • From:
  • To: ,Bill Owens <>,Brent Sweeny <>
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: 22% of the global MSDP table. . .
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 05:34:53 -1000

It does seem as though there are numerous pollutants that are built on the assumption that :

"there's no such thing as inter-domain multicast, unless it's on some obscure research network, or something"

( they probably assume the same things about IPv6.)

I suggest that some sort of "proof of sentient life" authorization scheme might be warranted, like sending coherent video on "Places All Over The World 128 kbps", if you want access to IGMP (or whatever the kids use these days).

The result would kind of be like the Vulcan's reponse to a civilization developing its first warp drive. Still, REMEMBER THE PRIME DIRECTIVE.