wg-multicast - General muticast guide - ala 'tv guide'

Subject: All things related to multicast

General muticast guide - ala 'tv guide'

  • From: Tim Peiffer <>
  • To:
  • Subject: General muticast guide - ala 'tv guide'
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 14:11:09 -0600

Has anyone developed and kept current a list of multicast sources that are known active? This is a broader question than a question of 'need multicast test stream'. A bonus would be if anyone had perl/python script, etc that listens on and builds a database of active SAPs.

My method currently: Periodically I run through a list of SAP's visible in VLC and build a M3U playlist file and use for my 'tv guide' of active channels. Trolling the SAPs are hit and miss, and there are a number of SAP sources worldwide that are advertising in the Administratively Scoped range 239.0.0.0/8 that provide a significant noise source.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

--
Tim Peiffer