wg-multicast - Re: 224.1.0.38 in MSDP

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: 224.1.0.38 in MSDP

  • From: Mark Boolootian <>
  • To: Brent Sweeny <>
  • Cc: , Michael H Lambert <>, wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: 224.1.0.38 in MSDP
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:39:53 -0700

Thanks Brent.

> I've added it to that list, though I'm not sure how authoritative or
> complete it is anymore. Other suggestions for updating that list or
> other parts of that 'cookbook', esp its references to other valuable
> sources, are welcome.

The references are a bit on the crufty side. Rummaging through them:

[1] It would be nice if Cisco cleaned things up. Lots of ancient history
there.

[3]/[5]/[6] The NCNE stuff looks like it's gone. Will that mail alias
in [5] still produce a useful result?

[8] Link changed:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nickless-ipv4-mcast-unusable-02

[9] A couple of links for Bill's stuff:

http://nets.ucar.edu/nets/docs/procs/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-multicast.pdf
http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog27/presentations/caron.pdf

And one additional link that is a good one for troubleshooting:

http://blog.ine.com/2010/09/17/troubleshooting-multicast-routing/

though Bill and Caren's NANOG slides are pretty much all I've ever
relied on for sorting out trouble (not that we have much)

mark