wg-multicast - RE: multicast streams stop once a minute

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: multicast streams stop once a minute

  • From: "Zenon Mousmoulas" <>
  • To: "Michael Knezevich" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: multicast streams stop once a minute
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 23:07:14 +0300

I would also look at snooping on any ethernet switches in the path (which are
under your control), first of all between the receiver and the DR, but also
beyond that (between PIM routers). If protocol/forwarding states look good on
routers, this could very well be the issue. Since this can be hard to
troubleshoot (there is usually little insight into snooping operation), I
would start from simply turning it off, one switch at a time, to see if it
makes any difference.

Good luck!
Z.