wg-multicast - Re: Multicast service discovery mechanisms and filtering?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Multicast service discovery mechanisms and filtering?

  • From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Multicast service discovery mechanisms and filtering?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 02:04:14 +0900 (JST)

I got a private mail asking CR's condition.
I think I should tell the fact for the members who are interested in
our implementation, hence I reply to the ML.

> {,www.}channel-reflector.net seems to have gone defunct?
>
> I see whois still shows the domain as existing, but the specified name
> servers are lame.

In fact, after the earthquake, periodical blackout took place in not
only our campus but many location in Tokyo area.
Our operators, who are faculties and students in our campus, decided
that many of our servers except critical ones are required to be
turned off, because it is difficult for them to carefully maintain all
of the servers in our campus in this condition.

The condition has become better these days. We have been preparing a
new virtual machine, which is easy to migrate to different location,
to serve Channel Reflector.
Of course, as I presented several times, this service can be (or
should be) served by multiple servers in different places. If some of
you are interested in serving it on your public host, please contact
to me. We are very appreciate for your cooperation.

Sorry for your trouble, but this service will be arrive soon, for sure.

Thank you.
Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda