wg-multicast - Setting up multicast experiment with iperf over Internet2

Subject: All things related to multicast

Setting up multicast experiment with iperf over Internet2

  • From: Huy Nguyen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Setting up multicast experiment with iperf over Internet2
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 00:46:12 -0500

Dear all,

I'm trying to setup a mcast experiment where I can use iperf to send mcast UDP packets from 1 node and observe
the packet loss ratio on another node over Internet2.
I was able to setup a similar experiment over different VLANs using network infastructure at University of Houston.
Now I'm extending the problem size and trying to setup the experiment on Internet2 to study the packet loss ratio.
I'm new to internet2 so I want to know if there are tutorials that help me with the experiment setup?
I just do'nt really know where to start

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

--