wg-multicast - recent MSDP source-active activity

Subject: All things related to multicast

recent MSDP source-active activity

  • From: Pekka Savola <>
  • To:
  • Subject: recent MSDP source-active activity
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:59:15 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

We have an MSDP source-active limit configured for 900 (threshold), 1000 limit. This means one IP is allowed to create a pretty big number of SAs.

Since 2010-03-19, this limit has been triggered multiple times, dozens of times a day, though.

Has anyone else seen this? Noticed the culprit?

FWIW, below is a list of those MSDP originators that at one point in time seemed to originate more than 100 SAs. Most of these seems to be scanning and other junk:

635 194.160.8.1
418 130.186.23.54
411 128.120.0.2
381 130.206.206.247
235 128.120.0.1
189 141.142.12.1
180 87.236.208.254
174 193.166.255.241
172 155.58.195.249
148 128.39.65.96
147 194.66.27.1
144 195.113.68.1
135 130.239.0.102
117 194.160.8.7
103 204.90.50.240

These are those sources which originated more than 50 SAs at one point in time, most of these seem like junk as well:

356 130.186.18.157
256 169.237.129.235 (doesn't even have inet.2 route)
221 158.42.231.147
147 141.142.6.8
74 62.61.128.220
74 195.194.48.209

I was thinking of contacting the admins of these IPs but the effort seems futile :-(

The numbers would likely be much uglier if I wasn't already basically filtering everything except 224/8 and 233/8.

  • recent MSDP source-active activity, Pekka Savola, 03/23/2010