wg-multicast - Re: [AG-DEV] Transcoding DVTS streams?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: [AG-DEV] Transcoding DVTS streams?

  • From: Andrew Ford <>
  • To: "Piers O'Hanlon" <>,
  • Cc: , ,
  • Subject: Re: [AG-DEV] Transcoding DVTS streams?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:59:35 -0500

Hi,

To clarify, like others said, ffmpeg can decode the DV codec in general (ie, you can plug a camera in and view it) but it apparently can't depacketize DVTS, since when you try to receive a DVTS stream it just looks like noise. VLC can do neither as far as I can tell.

Piers - thanks for the info, I'll give gstreamer a try.

Andrew - what are you using as the backend for this transcoding tool? Is it all custom-written or do you rely on libraries like ffmpeg?

--Andrew