wg-multicast - Re: Transcoding DVTS streams?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Transcoding DVTS streams?

  • From: Pujan Srivastava <>
  • To: Marc Manthey <>,
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: Transcoding DVTS streams?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:21:19 +0700

DVTS software woks on raw format, no standard compression algorithm thats why reception of DVTS at VLC fails.
Maybe some tricks like mkfifo in combination with pipe to VLC at DVRecv software module can work ?

Maybe VideoLAN?

VLC IS Videolan David , but i was goggling seems like nobody did ;)

cu

marc

Hi,
Has anyone attempted or found a way to transcode a DVTS stream directly off of receiving it via multicast? My goal is to be able to transcode DVTS streams to different formats and resend them as Access Grid-based or web-based streams. So far, it looks like the only way to do it would be to modify xdvshow or one of the other DVTS apps to hook together with ffmpeg for transcoding & ffserver for streaming, since as far as I can tell, apps like ffmpeg or VLC can't receive DVTS by themselves. Before I go spending a bunch of time on that I want to make sure this hasn't already been done some other way.
Thanks,
-

-- Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Geo: 50.945554, 6.920293
PGP/GnuPG: 0x1ac02f3296b12b4d
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231
project : http://opencu.org.uk
blog: http://macbroadcast.org

Opinions expressed may not even be mine by the time you read them, and certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or otherwise).

Please note that according to the German law on data retention, information on every electronic information exchange with me is retained for a period of six months.