wg-multicast - Fwd: Multicast WG notes

Subject: All things related to multicast

Fwd: Multicast WG notes

  • From: Richard Machida <>
  • To: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Fwd: Multicast WG notes
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:05:27 -0800

I'm sorry for not forwarding this sooner.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Elaine Lauerman <>
Date: August 6, 2009 11:45:47 AM AKDT
Subject: Multicast WG notes

Attendees:
Bill Cerveny
Michael Lambert
Barron Hulver
Russ Hobby
Lea Roberts
Shumon Huque
Aaron Howard
Kent Christensen
PJ Clayton
Shannon Spurling
Robert Petkus
Dan Pritts
Mike LaHaye
Richard Machida
Elaine Lauerman

-  Status of the beacon?
* the Multicast Beacon is alive and well at:

  http://beacon.dast.nla

* what tools are being used for the beacon?

-  Workshop status
* last one held was v4 at BHSU
* we've had one v6 multicast workshop, is there interest in offering it again?
* we'll need some material updates since the equipment has been reconfigured

- Richard talked about the Cisco conference he was at recently and the wide deployment of v4 and v6 multicast.

- Should the Cisco v6 multicast information be merged into the Internet2 materials?

- Multicast is still being used for:
* cable feed
* events

SAP to announce content? (Shumon)

DV Guide - elaine
- include an expiration date

- Hitoshi Asaeda, Japan developer is working on a a Channel Reflector

- should we ask the RONs who has v6 enabled?

- Should we list the schools that broadcast content?

Elaine Lauerman, Program Manager Events and The Commons
Internet2

office: 734-913-4253 | mobile: 734-604-8064

ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
July 19-23, 2009 - Indianapolis, Indiana
http://jointtechs.es.net/indiana2009/

  • Fwd: Multicast WG notes, Richard Machida, 09/28/2009