wg-multicast - IP Multicast behind Load Balancer

Subject: All things related to multicast

IP Multicast behind Load Balancer

  • From: "Tsao, Johnny" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: IP Multicast behind Load Balancer
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 16:47:10 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Hello,

I want to validate my finding and seek advice with the group in regards to IP
Multicast RPF failure.

When IP Multicast server (sourcing the stream) resides behind the load
balancer it fails the RPF checks.

Has anyone ran into a need to have redundant clustered servers scenario where
secondary multicast server takes over when primary fails? And how were the
server cluster configured to overcome the RPF requirement?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

-JT
***********************************
Johnny Tsao, CCIE No. 8759, CISSP
Technology Infrastructure Services
-Strategic Engineering & Architecture (SEA)
California State University
Tel: 562.346.2218 * Fax: 562.346.2223
Email:

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed
to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and
then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is
strictly prohibited.