wg-multicast - Re: OSX IGMPv3/SSM woes..

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: OSX IGMPv3/SSM woes..

  • From: Stig Venaas <>
  • To: Greg Shepherd <>
  • Cc: Pekka Savola <>, wg-multicast <>, Tom Pusateri <>
  • Subject: Re: OSX IGMPv3/SSM woes..
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 13:46:30 +0100

Something vaguely related...

I'm a bit annoyed that there still is no SSM support in Java (at least
from SUN). Some of us have requested this years ago...

I would for instance have liked to have a GUI version of ssmping on
Windows (not just the command line one). ssmping written in Java would
have been nice, if Java supported SSM.

As an aside, I think it would be a nice student project to implement
a GUI ssmping on Windows (maybe some other multicast debugging stuff
as well). I'm happy to discuss further or help out if anyone is
interested. I'm just not familiar with the Windows GUI programming
part...

Stig