wg-multicast - accounting for multicast IPTV

Subject: All things related to multicast

accounting for multicast IPTV

  • From: Anthony DeNardo III <>
  • To:
  • Subject: accounting for multicast IPTV
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 10:57:08 -0600

Here at Colorado State University, we have replace our legacy cable tv
infrastructure with a Multicast IP TV system. We take digital content,
and multicast to administratively scoped group addresses. With several
thousand student residents on campus, is there an effective way for me
to determine how many subscribers there are to a given multicast group
at any given time?

My end goal would be to create a dashboard, using Cricket
(cricket.sourceforge.net) that would display all channels, and current
subscribers.

Our architecture is pretty simple, and only involves one Cisco 6509 router.

MIPTV CLUSTER ----> Cisco6509 ---> building switches

Each building is a residence hall, and there are about 15-20 of them.

Thanks in advance!

ad3