wg-multicast - RE: multicast with a default route?

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: multicast with a default route?

  • From: "Whitlow, Michael" <>
  • To: "wg-multicast List" <>
  • Subject: RE: multicast with a default route?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:45:10 -0500

Dave,

The general rule is that multicast static routes are only needed when
your multicast needs to take a different path through the network than
your unicast does.. That goes for default multicast routes OUT of a
network and host/network specific routes IN to a network. They can often
cause you more trouble than good if you put them in when you don't need
them.

Mike

--
[]Mike S. Whitlow[]