wg-multicast - multicast with a default route?

Subject: All things related to multicast

multicast with a default route?

  • From: Dave Diller <>
  • To: wg-multicast List <>
  • Subject: multicast with a default route?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:36:51 -0400

Multicast conventionally uses MBGP to distribute routes downstream. Is there any issue with the downstream simply having a default route instead? Never thought to try... but now I've got a unicast static downstream who wants to add multicast. I'd think it "should" work... with the caveat that he may need an equivalent default route added in his multicast routing table.

-dd