wg-multicast - The Philadelphia Orchestra Multicasts 2008-09

Subject: All things related to multicast

The Philadelphia Orchestra Multicasts 2008-09

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: The Philadelphia Orchestra Multicasts 2008-09
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:09:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All:

Based on a previous post, you may already be aware of The Philadelphia
Orchestra’s multicasts via Internet2 called the Global Concert Series (live
performances with enhanced and interactive content transmitted in HD and
Dolby surround sound to university venues).

I wanted to inform you of five transmission dates that have been established
in the 2008-09 season:

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 2:00 pm
Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 8:00 pm
Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 8:00 pm
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 8:00 pm
Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 8:00 pm

All times noted above are Eastern time.

To those of you who have already conducted test(s) your involvement is
appreciated and has been instrumental in developing the program; we hope
you/your school decides to fully participate in the future.

Potential new partners are encouraged to take advantage of the remaining
dates this season (April 10, May 3, and May 16) and conduct free test(s) now
to prepare for next season. Please contact me if you wish to pursue this.

Visit our website – www.philorch.org/internet2 - for program details, video
clips, and additional information.

Dozens of university/college partners have joined the Orchestra so far, using
the Global Concert Series to enhance the music curriculum, build applications
for new technology or new equipment, develop community relations, enrich
campus life, or add a new revenue stream. Partners receive technical support
through our internal IT department, communication tool kits, and more.

Regards,
Greg Landry
Project Development Manager

215 893 1994

  • The Philadelphia Orchestra Multicasts 2008-09, glandry, 03/26/2008