wg-multicast - Lot of receive problems in AG beacon

Subject: All things related to multicast

Lot of receive problems in AG beacon

  • From: Pekka Savola <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Lot of receive problems in AG beacon
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:34:56 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best media to reach these sites, but I can't think of a better one..

The AG beacon [1] has a lot of sites which don't seem to be able to send multicast that would be received by basically anyone else (the columns where almost every cell is "NA"). As a result, using the AG matrix as one way to measure whether inter-domain multicast is working is not very useful.

I guess these sites are likely to have a problem in their or their upstreams' multicast setup (e.g. MSDP) and should be either fixed or removed from the beacon matrix.

At least the following seem to be the main offenders:

beacon.its.adelaide.edu.au
foxbat.services.adelaide.edu.au
usq-fos.usq.edu.au
darkstar.clemson.edu
ndt.ilstu.edu
dwarf.ua.edu
darkness.nss.udel.edu
transducer.nss.udel.edu
beacon.net.unc.edu
i2-accessgrid-6.unomaha.edu
chlt-beacon.ncren.net
ecu-beacon.ncren.net
ws-beacon.ncren.net
vv2.ap-accessgrid.org
bridge.ndhu.edu.tw
venue.ndhu.edu.tw

If you're at these sites or close to them, maybe you a little nudge wouldn't hurt..

Thanks!

[1]
http://beacon.dast.nlanr.net/

  • Lot of receive problems in AG beacon, Pekka Savola, 03/06/2008